Friday, June 8, 2007

Goodbye Sober Day...

Last night there was a huge party at the office after a long day of work. There was booze, little cheeseburgers, cucumbers, cheese, crackers, music, new faces, rendering and compositing going on at the same time. I don't think there were enough of those little cheeseburgers because they were delicious little suckers. Graham made it over to the party too, but I forgot to tell him there was a party there. So when he arrived he wasn't sure if he was at the right place until he saw me standing there with a scotch on the rocks talking to Chris West.

Throughout the course of the evening we were mingling and rendering. Met some really nice people, held some of the best conversations I've had in a while with strangers and new friends. We got to know some of the other freelance digital artists that were working there too. Watched each others reels and admired each other’s art works. What an industry!

As another added bonus to our journey to the East, we met a practical effects wizard. We talked to this Jeff the sorcerer for quite a while and I am pretty sure that Graham and I are going to apprentice for this amazing sorcerer. We should get Leo to come down here from Boston and start making squibs again. After the party Graham, Dimitri, our new friend Kyle and I went to some “hole in the wall” for a slice and Mexican food. It was the biggest hole I’ve ever seen in a wall. It had ovens, sodas and a cash register, but not enough napkins or seasoning.

…Hello Milky Way

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, life sounds super exciting there! Maybe someday... but not now, no, not now- Current hired me!

You must be totally loving life right now. Props to you boys for making it happen for yourselves. That is a very good thing, I'm so happy it turned out so good.

Cheers!

ΩOHMΩ said...

Thank you girly!