Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Paid to do art

Today was my first day on the job, it sure was a long exciting and extremely exhausting day. I was very nervous and the whole day I felt my feet sweating in a nice air conditioned environment. I get to hang out and work with some really talented and funny artists. They provide us with coffee, water, snacks and we get to smoke cigarettes by the window in the office.

I will be there for the next 13 days crunching on a new and awesome Kanye West music video. I can't say much about it other than it looks freaking amazing. They provided us with lots concept art for inspiration, so we get a good amount of creative freedom with some of the details while we are building the assets for the video. It should be a good experience.

One of the other great things about this place is that they have Flame, another node based compositing package. I hope there is an opportunity where I will get to learn this powerful application. Thank you Mister Meat Tree(Dimitri)

1 comment:

Seth Henderson said...

Wow, I didn't know you and Graham both landed kick ass jobs already! I'm proud of you two. keep kicking butt buddy, I'm rooting for ya!